- The winter sports calendar and match fixtures are on the RGHS website
- TUCKSHOP – the Sports Department is urgently needing Hockey and Netball parents’ help: (parents who have a daughter who has been included in a Hockey or Netball team for the 2018 season)
- A Mum and/or Dad to offer to take over the running/organisation of the Sports tuckshop. This will involve ensuring that there is sufficient stock for Sale at Sports events hosted on campus as well as arranging a roster of helpers at each of these events.
- Parents who are willing to do a tuckshop duty when their daughter’s are involved in the Hockey or Netball matches. We will schedule you in so that your tuckshop duty happens before your daughter’s match (while she is warming up).
Please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can assist in one of the 2 ways above.
- SECONDHAND CLOTHING SALE – This SALE took place on Friday 13 April. A huge thank you to those girls and parents who helped to make the Sale a great success. We raised R10 250.00. Thank you to all parents who donated clothing. The Sports department will be holding another Second hand clothing/shoe sale towards the end of Term 2. Please continue to collect items for us.
- Please send your daughter’s sporting results and news to email@example.com
On Saturday 14 April we played two matches against Epworth from Pietermaritzburg.
Our U19A Team won 31-20 and our U19B Team lost 10-14. An enjoyable morning was had by all.
A great start to the Netball Season.
Imaan Jacobs (Gr 8) swam a successful Level 2 gala in Oudtshoorn. She swam in 6 finals with personal best times in the 50m freestyle, placing 7th and in the 50m butterfly, placing 5th.
She won a Bronze medal in the Freestyle Relay and a Silver medal in the Medley Relay.
Megan Renecle (Gr 8) also participated in the Level 2 gala during the school holidays.
During the 3 days of swimming, Megan qualified for 8 Finals and won 3 medals: a Bronze in the 100m freestyle; Silver in the 200m freestyle and Gold in the Freestyle Relay
Rose Williamson (Gr 8) performed very well at the SA Level 3 Regional Age Group Championships held in Cape Town. She won 5 Individual medals: Bronze in the 100m backstroke; Silver in the 100m freestyle and 3 x Gold medals for 200m backstroke, 200m freestyle and 400m freestyle. Rose also won 4 medals in the Relay events: 3 Gold medals and 1 Silver. That is 9 medals in total. Congratulations on these outstanding results.
Erin Daffarn (Gr 8) also competed and medaled at the Level 3 championships. Erin won a Bronze medal in the 200m freestyle event. Erin also qualified for 7 finals in the 400m free, 50m Back, 100m Free, 50m Breast, 100m Back, 50m Free and the 50m Butterfly Finals. Erin also won 4 medals in the Relay events: 1 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Bronze.
Congratulations to all our swimmers on these exceptional results. Thank you for putting in all the hard work and making Rustenburg proud.
Iman Jacobs breaststroking to success
The WP Squash Open was held over the past weekend: Jordyn Campbell (Gr 11) was the winner of the U16 Girls section. Congratulations on this outstanding result.
Jordyn also came 16th in the Boys U16 section which had a field of 31 players!
Jordyn (third from left) pictured here with her medal.
Huge congratulations to Rebecca Behne (Gr 12) who has been selected to represent Western Province Lifesaving at the end of April.
Please be reminded that our current coach, Hayley Nel, is offering extra tennis lessons here on campus throughout the winter months. If interested, please contact her as follows:
On 072 189 2912, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or if you would like more information!